Social Events, Activities, and Business Meetings
A full list [pdf] of all activities and events is now available.
Sunday, 13 December
A Time of Transition: Member Open Forum About AGU's Plans for the Future
October 2009 was a big month for AGU. Members voted on proposed changes to the governing structure, and a breakthrough future forum was convened to begin the planning for AGU’s future. In addition, the search for a new AGU executive director kicked off. AGU leaders will provide insight into these changes and dialogue with members about the future of AGU. All AGU members are invited to attend.
All attendees are invited to kick off Fall Meeting.
Monday, 14 December
Frontiers of Geophysics Lecture
Director, United States Geological Survey
The deadline to pre-order tickets has passed. Tickets to Fall Meeting events will be available for purchase at the Ticket Sales booth in the Moscone center beginning Sunday 13 December at 1200h. Please refer to the event listing below to ensure that the event you are interested in is not sold out.
Tuesday, 15 December
Near Surface Lunch
Union Square Room
Joint Atmospheric Sciences and Global Environmental Change Chinese Banquet
Empress of China
838 Grant Ave., San Francisco
SPA Chinese Banquet
Four Seas Restaurant
731 Grant Ave., San Francisco
Planetary Sciences Reception
Johnny Foleys Irish House
243 O'Farrell St, San Francisco
Wednesday, 16 December
AGU Honors Evening
A full list of medalists to be honored at this year's Honors Ceremony and Banquet is now available.
Moscone South Esplanade, Rooms 306–308
Open to all attendees.
Honors Reception and Banquet
Intercontinental Hotel Grand Ballroom,
888 Howard Street
Business Meetings and Receptions
Tuesday, 15 December
1830h–2000h at Moscone South
- Atmospheric and Space Electricity, Room 232–234
- Earth and Planetary Surface Processes, Room 230
- Geodesy, Room 220–226
- Geomagnetism and Paleomagnetism, Room 302
- Nonlinear Geophysics, Room 270–272
- Seismology/Tectonophysics, Room 310
1830h–2000h at Intercontinental Hotel
- Biogeosciences, Intercon Ballroom B, Fifth Floor
- Cryosphere, Intercon Ballroom C, Fifth Floor
- Earth and Space Science Informatics, Telegraph Hill, Fourth Floor
- Mineral and Rock Physics/ Study of the Earth's Deep Interior, Grand Ballroom A, Third Floor
- Natural Hazards, Intercon Ballroom A, Fifth Floor
- Ocean Sciences/Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology, Pacific Terrace, Fourth Floor
- Volcanology, Geochemistry, and Petrology, Grand Ballroom B/C, Third Floor