Education, Outreach, and Careers
|31 March 2004:
||Deadline for Berkner Travel Fellowship has passed.
|15 April 2004:
||Deadline for abstract submission by postal or express mail has passed.
|5 May 2004:
||Deadline for electronic online abstract submissions has passed.
|5 May 2004:
||Deadline for Student Travel Grants applications has passed.
|8 July 2004:
||Deadline for Preregistration.
Student Travel Grants
The deadline for the Student Travel Grants applications, 5 May 2004, has passed.
- Applicant must be a current member of AGU or have applied for AGU membership two months prior to the meeting date.
Join AGU, or Renew your membership today.
- Applicant must be first author and presenting the paper/poster.
- Applicant must pay his/her own pre-registration fee.
- Previous student travel grant recipients are not eligible for further awards.
- Applicants who do or do not receive travel grants will be notified by email.
- AGU does not list recipients of STGs on its web site.
- Recipients are required to submit receipts for claimed expenses up to the amount of the award.
- Recipients are required to submit a brief (<300 words) report of their experience at the meeting.
- Individual award amounts will be determined by AGU. They will vary according to circumstances and geographic distance.
- No award will exceed US $600.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of several criteria that
have been determined by the Committee on Education and Human
Resources. For the 2004 Western Pacific Geophysics Meeting, preference will be given to
applicants meeting more than one of these criteria:
- Undergraduate students or graduate students who are close to finishing their Ph.D.
- Students who have not previously attended an AGU meeting.
- Students who have sufficient additional funding resources to cover the remainder of the meeting registration and travel expenses.
Please note that this applicant-provided information will be verified prior to selection for an award.
In addition, the selection committee will take into consideration balance in the disciplinary affiliations (Section/Focus Group) and geographic/institutional distribution of Student Travel Grant recipients.