Media Advisory 2: 2007 Joint Assembly in Acapulco, Mexico
Hotel booking opens
Contents of this message:
Note: Please see Media Advisory 1 for important information about passports and visas: http://www.agu.org/sci_soc/prrl/2007-04.html
1. Book hotel rooms from 26 February
AGU has arranged with four Acapulco hotels to provide accommodations for Joint Assembly registrants at daily rates ranging from US$53 to US$90 (suites higher), with shuttle service to and from the meeting site. Preliminary information is available now, and details with online booking form will be posted on 26 February. The final date for booking at these rates is 18 April, although hotels may sell out before then. See: http://www.agu.org/meetings/ja07/?content=travel
2. News Media registration information
News Media registrants receive a badge that provides access to any of the scientific sessions of the meeting, as well as to the Press Room and Briefing Room.
Eligibility for press registration is limited to the following persons:
- Working press employed by bona fide news media: must present a press card, business card, or letter of introduction from an editor of a recognized publication.
- Freelance science writers: must present a current membership card from NASW, a regional affiliate of NASW, CSWA, ISWA, or SEJ; or evidence of by-lined work pertaining to science intended for the general public and published in 2006 or 2007; or a letter from the editor of a recognized publication assigning you to cover Joint Assembly.
- Public information officers of scientific societies, educational institutions, and government agencies: must present a business card.
Note 1: Representatives of publishing houses, for-profit corporations, and the business side of news media must register at the main registration desk at the meeting and pay the appropriate fees, regardless of possession of any of the above documents. They are not accredited as News Media at the meeting.
Note 2: Scientists who are also reporters and who are presenting at this meeting (oral or poster session) may receive News Media credentials if they qualify (see above), but must also register for the meeting and pay the appropriate fee as a presenter.
3. News Media Registration Form
The News Media Registration Form is set up for online submission. Go to: http://www.agu.org/meetings/ja07/?content=media&show=pressReg_online
The last day for advance News Media registration, assuring that your badge will be waiting for you when you arrive, is Friday, 11 May 2007. You may also register onsite in the Press Room.