- Check the country list below to see if your country is listed.
- If your country is not listed, you are not eligible for a waiver of your abstract submission fee.
- If your country is listed, you may submit your abstract online at no charge by providing the following information in the payment portion of the submission form.
||select 'Purchase Order'
||Enter Your Institution
||Enter Your City
||Enter Your Country
||Enter Your Name
||Enter Your Telephone Number
Deadline Date: 2 April 2008
Authors from World Bank ‘Low Income’ or ‘Lower Middle
Income’ countries must provide confirmation of meeting attendance by
2 April to AGU Headquarters. The following information must be mailed to
2008 Western Pacific Geophysics Meeting,
ATTN: Meetings Department
2000 Florida Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20009;
faxed +1+202-328-0566, or
e-mailed to email@example.com
by the deadline
- The availability of funding to attend the meeting. Documentation must be
provided from the member submitter or the member sponsor for each abstract.
Supporting letters indicating that you have secured the funds or travel documentation
(airline ticket, hotel reservation) are required. Authorization letters from
a department head or the appropriate University official are also acceptable.
- The status your visa application. Provide documentation showing when
the application was submitted and if it has been approved. If the application
has not been approved by 2 April,
you need to notify AGU of the approvals soon as you have it.
In all correspondence reference the following information.
- First Author Full Name and Affiliation
- Abstract Reference Number
- Abstract Title
Abstracts will be automatically withdrawn if the above information is not
received at AGU Headquarters by 2 April.
Abstracts can be reinstated at any time before the meeting starts upon confirmation of attendance.
Scheduling of reinstated abstracts will be at the discretion of the program committee
and generally as posters. These additions will appear on the meeting addendum
and distributed with other such changes.
—These countries have been classified by the World Bank as ‘Low Income’ or ‘Lower Middle Income’
Tier 1 Countries - No registration fee
Central African Republic
Congo, Dem. Rep
Korea, Dem Rep.
Tier 2 Countries - Registration fee 50% off
Egypt, Arab Rep.
Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
Papua New Guinea
São Tomé and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza