Connect and Collaborate
Connect and Collaborate Sessions
Connect and Collaborate sessions are times you can add to the program to meet in small groups to discuss scientific topics, career paths, or anything that interests you. Connect and Collaborate sessions can be scheduled:
- Tuesday from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday from 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
#FIHM22 attendees can create their own topics or join proposed topics. You don’t have to be an expert to propose a conversation! You can expand your network, seek collaborators, learn new viewpoints, troubleshoot a challenge, or connect on shared interests and experiences.
Conversation ideas can include:
- Discussion of personal or scientific interests such as
- Drone usage changing hydrology data gathering
- Researching the intersection of hydrology and climate change: challenges and opportunities
- Participating in a small group to talk about career path advancement
- Funding for postdocs studying a state/region/locality
- Difficulties with balance with dependent care
- ADHD and thriving/struggling in grad school
- Building your network beyond who you might normally meet
- Are there other NSF PIs here?
- Looking for other multihazard flood modelers
- Mentors needed ….