The Ocean Visions Biennial Summit 2023 will be a significant opportunity to advance the sharing of knowledge and solutions to critical challenges at the ocean-climate nexus.
The ocean is under threat from a host of pressures, but none loom larger than those caused by greenhouse gas pollution, which drives overheating and acidification. Ocean heating is in turn causing deoxygenation, sea level rise, and disruption of critical marine ecosystem functions and services.
In order to address this ocean-climate crisis, the world needs to generate and scale innovative solutions much more effectively and quickly.
Summit participants will share and discuss cutting-edge advancements in ocean sciences, engineering, policy, governance, and economics that support trajectory-changing solutions to the dangerous climate impacts on the ocean within 7-10 years.
The Summit will be held at Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, Georgia from 4-6 April 2023 and offers online attendance options. We welcome a diversity of solutions-oriented participants, including scientists, academics, policymakers, entrepreneurs, those with indigenous knowledge of oceans and solutions, innovators, and funders.
The conference is designed to be highly interactive with a mix of session types such as plenaries, lightning presentations, posters, an innovation showcase, and other networking interactions. The conference is structured around five core topical tracks, which will be addressed through concentrated, half-day sessions, in addition to other schedule session times.
- Ocean-Based Contributions to Global Decarbonization
- Ocean-Based Contributions to Carbon Dioxide Removal
- Ocean Ecosystem Repair and Regeneration
- Human Adaptation to a Changing Ocean
- Building a Global Community of Solvers at the Ocean-Climate Nexus
- Registration opens 11 January. Register by 15 February before the early rate deadline!
- The scientific program is live. View the full schedule, sessions, speakers, and descriptions.