Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstract Submission Opening: 20 July 2023
Abstract Submission Deadline: 11 October 2023, 11:59 P.M. ET
- Read the guidelines below to ensure that you have not missed important information that may hinder your submission.
- Submit an abstract to TESS24.
- The abstract title is limited to 300 characters and the abstract text is limited to 2000 characters; the 2000-character limit includes spacing, punctuation and LaTeX.
- Abstracts must focus on scientific results or their application. The Organizing Committee may decline to consider abstracts with another focus.
- Following the abstract deadline, submitted abstracts may be moved to another appropriate session. Final decisions regarding placement of individual abstracts and sessions rest with the Organizing Committee.
- LaTeX is supported. Special characters are also available in the abstract management system.
- There is no limit to the number of contributed abstracts a First Author can submit.
- The person submitting the abstract will automatically be listed as the First and Presenting Author. The first author cannot be modified.
- A first author may elect to designate a co-author to present the abstract at the meeting. The presenting author must register for the meeting in order to make the presentation.
- Membership in AGU or AAS is NOT required in order to submit an abstract.
- The abstract submitter is responsible for ensuring that all co-authors have agreed to be listed on the abstract.
- There is a fee to submit an abstract.
- The only method of payment accepted for abstract fees is by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
- There is no fee for persons residing in Qualifying Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries.
- The abstract submission fee is a non-refundable processing fee, and not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance.
- The abstract submission fee does not register you for the meeting. Separate registration fees apply. Registration will be open in December 2023.
- Do not withdraw a paid abstract submission if edits are needed or to begin a new submission. Submissions may be edited at any time after submission and prior to the abstract submission deadline. Refunds will not be issued for abstracts that are withdrawn and resubmitted.
Oral and Poster Presentations
- If you prefer a poster presentation you may request one. These requests will be honored by the Organizing Committee.
- Oral presentations are not guaranteed. Oral sessions are allocated by the Organizing Committee based on the total number of submissions received to a session, and oral presentations are assigned by the Session Conveners.
- Submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation to give a presentation in the designated manner assigned. It also grants the society organizers permission to publish the abstract in the meeting program.
- Once assigned by the Organizing Committee and scheduled by the session convener, the date and time of the presentation will not be changed; presenters are advised not to arrange travel until acceptance notification is issued in December with assigned session dates and times. The presentations may be scheduled anytime during sessions Tuesday, 9 April through Friday, 12 April 2023.
By December, abstract acceptance notices will be sent and the final program will be available online.