Poster Session Chair Guidelines
Before the Meeting
Poster Session Chair Preparation
- Poster sessions are scheduled from 13:30-15:30 EDT Monday - Friday.
- Presenters also have the option of creating an interactive iPoster or uploading a PDF poster to the online gallery and may schedule additional text or video chat through the iPoster system during the week of the meeting to engage with online attendees at their own discretion.
Poster Session Chair Responsibilities
- Please view the online program to view the schedule of your session and check for any changes or updates.
- Review the FIHM Code of Conduct.
- Meetings Guidelines on Photography and Social Media.
- Photos are allowed for personal use in all settings, including scientific sessions, unless the presenter indicates otherwise. Presenters can do this by displaying a digital “No Photo” image on their slides or poster. This image is available for download from the presenter guidelines.
Day of Your Session
- Arrive in the poster hall 15-20 minutes early to talk with your presenters.
- Make sure authors’ poster boards are numbered properly.
- Make sure authors have set up their posters before the start of the session and are not experiencing problems.
- Help any authors who are having trouble with layout, setup or equipment.
- No papers may be added or moved to another session and poster presentations CANNOT be moved to different poster sessions due to the logistical layout of the poster hall.
- Encourage participation by introducing individuals in the area to specific authors and performing “crowd control” as necessary.
- Should any problem develop with poster set-up, facilities or equipment, contact an AGU staff person at the Poster Assistance Desk.
- Know that only an author listed on a paper may present. No substitutions are permitted.
- Be aware of signs of aggressive questioning which may border on bullying, especially if directed toward student or early career scientists. Please intervene in real time if you witness such behavior.