Every year, AGU Fall Meeting convenes >25,000 attendees from 100+ countries to share research and network. Researchers, scientists, educators, students, policymakers, enthusiasts, journalists and communicators attend AGU Fall Meeting to better understand our planet and environment, and our role in preserving its future. It is a results-oriented gathering rooted in celebrating and advancing positive individual and collective outcomes.
History & Facts
The first Fall Meeting was in April 1920 in San Francisco, California. It was also known as the Spring Meeting when AGU had two meetings each year. San Francisco served as the “home” of Fall Meeting until 2017 when AGU adopted the rotation strategy.
AGU Fall Meeting was our first hybrid meeting held in New Orleans, LA and online everywhere with 24,000+ registered attendees.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE 2021 FALL MEETING
AGU Fall Meeting was a 100% virtual meeting with 25,400+ registered attendees
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE 2020 FALL MEETING
AGU Fall Meeting was held in San Francisco, CA with 27,934 registered attendees. It was also AGU’s Centennial anniversary and an opportunity to celebrate the 100 years of service to the scientific community.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE 2019 FALL MEETING
AGU Fall Meeting was held in Washington, D.C. with 28,289 registered attendees. This meeting also celebrated the grand opening of AGU’s net zero energy renovation headquarters.
AGU Fall Meeting was held in New Orleans LA with 22,632 registered attendees.
- ACSESS: Alliance of Crop, Soil and Environmental Science Societies
- AAS: American Astronomical Society
- AMS: American Meteorological Society
- APHA: American Public Health Association
- ASPRS: American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- ASA: American Society of Agronomy
- AOGS: Asia Oceania Geosciences Society
- LATINMAG: Asociación Latinoamericana de Paleomagnetismo y Geomagnetismo
- CGU: Canadian Geophysical Union
- CGS: Chinese Geophysical Society
- CSSA: Crop Science Society of America
- ESA: Ecological Society of America
- EGU: European Geosciences Union
- FASEB: Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
- GS: Geochemical Society
- GAC: Geological Association of Canada
- GSA: Geological Society of America
- IAS: International Association of Sedimentologists
- ISEE: International Society of Environmental Epidemiology
- ISES: International Society of Exposure Science
- JpGU: Japan Geoscience Union
- MSA: Mineralogical Society of America
- NAGT: National Association of Geoscience Teachers
- NSPS: The National Society of Professional Surveyors
- Optica (formerly OSA)
- SETAC: Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
- SEG - Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- SEPM: Society for Sedimentary Geology
- SSSA: Soil Science Society of America
- UGM: Unión Geofísica Mexicana
- WCRP: World Climate Research Programme