- Extreme 2022 Hydrologic Events in Southern Asia, Hazards, and Geomorphological Response
- Global 2022 Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Tropical Cyclones
Submission Process Overview
1. Join or Renew Membership
In order to submit an abstract, the author must be a current 2022 AGU member or a member of one of our affiliated societies.
2. Review Important Information
Read the following important policy and procedure documents.
3. Familiarize Yourself with the session types
The program committee will decide which session type your abstract may be assigned to. Familiarize yourself with the various types.
4. Decide How You Will Attend #AGU22
When you submit your abstract you will need to indicate whether you will attend in-person in Chicago or online-only. Abstracts will be scheduled by the conveners based on this selection. For poster presentations, changes cannot be made to this selection once the abstract submission deadline has passed.
5. Develop your abstract submission
Refer to the Submission Resources, Support and FAQ sections for help.
6. Check for Plagiarism
Use plagiarism detection software (e.g. from iThenticate) before submission to identify any duplication.
7. Pay submission fee
This processing fee is non-refundable.
8. Submit ABSTRACT
The abstract submission deadline has passed. Notifications will be sent in early October. If you have any questions please contact AGU.
9. Edit Abstract
Submitted abstracts may be edited as needed or transferred to another session until submissions close at 3 August (23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT). Do not withdraw a paid abstract submission to make edits.
Reach out to AGU’s public information office if you think your abstract is newsworthy.
The presenting author must register for and attend AGU22, either online or in person.
The abstract submission fee is:
- a required and non-refundable processing fee.
- separate from membership dues and meeting registration fees.
- not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at the meeting.
- payable by credit card only; wire payments or purchase orders cannot be accommodated.
Edits, Transfers, and Withdrawals
- Refunds will not be issued for abstracts that are withdrawn and resubmitted.
- Payment will be required for any resubmissions.
- Do not withdraw a paid abstract submission to make edits or submit a new abstract.
- For assistance with editing or transferring an abstract, contact AGU’s Scientific Program Team.
Abstract Submission Fees
- $70 USD
- $40 USD
Low Income/Lower-Middle Income*
- No Fee
*Please see 2021-2022 World Bank country classifications by income level table for more information.
How to Write an AGU Abstract
Review this Eos article for pointers on how to write an abstract for an AGU meeting.
Search by keyword for AGU Fall Meeting abstracts from 1995-2021.
Utilize plagiarism detection software from iThenticate upon submission to identify any duplication.
Citing an Abstract
- Authors may submit abstracts for work that has been published in journals or presented at other scientific meetings. The work should be current and provide new data and results since any previous presentations.
- If you wish to cite an abstract presented at Fall Meeting, please cite as: Author(s) (2022), Title, Abstract (Final paper number, ex: AE14B-1234) presented at 2022 AGU Fall Meeting, 12-16 Dec.
Publicity for Meeting Abstracts
If you think your abstract is newsworthy, you can tell AGU's public information office about it for potential publicity.
For questions about the submission site or technical issues, complete the request form on the submission site, or call +1 401.334.0220, Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., ET or send an email.
Email us if you have a question on AGU's scientific program policies or general procedures, contact AGU's Scientific Program Team.
If you have a question on your membership status or need assistance with your AGU membership account, contact the AGU Membership Services Team or call 800.966.2481 (toll-free in North America) or +1 202.462.6900.