The Summit organizers are putting out a call for more informal talks and submissions. More information will be posted here soon.
Proposals should focus on existing and emerging problems at the intersection of the ocean and climate crises, and how current and potential approaches and solutions can be effectively and sustainably implemented to address these problems while anticipating newer problems as these crises intensify. Submissions should fall within the 5 described program tracks and should also address the technological, social, economic, and policy issues that surround the advance of solutions. This page contains information about submitting.
The submission deadline is 26 October 2022, 11:59 PM EDT.
If you have any questions, please contact AGU’s Scientific Program Team.
Submission Process Overview
1. Review Important Information
Read the following important policy and procedure documents.
2. Familiarize Yourself with the session types
The program committee will decide which session type your may be assigned to. Familiarize yourself with the various types.
3. Decide how you will attend #OVS23
When you submit, you will need to indicate whether you will attend in-person in Atlanta or online only.
4. Develop your abstract submission
Refer to the Submission Resources, Support and FAQ sections for help.
5. Pay submission fee
This processing fee is non-refundable.
6. Submit proposal
The submission deadline is 26 October (23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT). Notifications will be sent in early February 2023. If you have any questions please contact AGU.
7. Edit proposal
Submissions may be edited as needed or transferred to another track until submissions close at 26 October (23:59 EDT/03:59 +1GMT). Do not withdraw a paid submission to make edits.
Reach out to Ocean Visions communications office if you think your work and submissions are newsworthy.
The presenting author must register for and attend #OVS23, either online or in-person.
The submission fee is:
- a required and non-refundable processing fee.
- separate from meeting registration fees.
- not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at the meeting.
- payable by credit card only; wire payments or purchase orders cannot be accommodated.
Edits, Transfers, and Withdrawals
- Refunds will not be issued for submissions that are withdrawn and resubmitted.
- Payment will be required for any resubmissions.
- Do not withdraw a paid submission to make edits or submit a new abstract.
- For assistance with editing or transferring an abstract, contact AGU’s Scientific Program Team.
AGU utilizes plagiarism detection software from iThenticate upon submission to identify any duplication.
Citing an Abstract
If you wish to cite an abstract presented at the Ocean Visions Summit, please cite as: Author(s) (2022), Title, Abstract (Final paper number, ex: AE14B-123) presented at 2023 Ocean Visions Summit, 4-6 April.
Publicity for #OVS23
Reach out to Ocean Visions communications office if you think your submission is newsworthy.
For questions about the submission site or technical issues, complete the request form on the submission site, or call +1 401.334.9903 (support code 1438), Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., ET or send an email.
Email us if you have a question on AGU's scientific program policies or general procedures, contact AGU's Scientific Program Team.