Program & Schedule
AbSciCon24 will offer session formats that foster and encourage discussion across the meeting including:
- Expanding open discussion and engagement times.
- Recording most sessions so they are available to all attendees.
- Accessing most presentations and posters online.
- Accommodating virtual presentations as much as possible.
These 90-minute scientific sessions will be allocated by the program committee after abstract submission. These 90-minute, live, in-person sessions begin with three-minute lightning talks from each presenter with:
- An overview of their dynamic, digital, and interactive poster.
- Discussion of their digital poster at their assigned touchscreen monitor following the lightning talk.
Online Discussion Session
Proposed by the community and open to all meeting participants, these one-hour sessions , are best for:
- Collecting feedback or raising awareness.
- Government agencies, academic programs, special projects and other focused interest groups to deliver updates and gather input from the broader astrobiology community.
- Presentation, roundtable or panel discussion formats.
Approved town halls will be focused on topics that do not compete with, substitute or duplicate scientific or learning sessions.