Welcome to the Media Center
Media registration will remain open for the duration of #AGU21.Register now
#AGU21 Press Information Exchange
On-site Press Room
The Press Room, R06-07, is on the second floor of the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. From the main lobby take the escalator up and cross over the exhibit hall on the elevated walkway to the R rooms. The press rooms can also be accessed from the escalators behind AGU Central. Maps of the Convention Center can be found in the online portal and the app.
The Press Room provides working space for press registrants, including computer terminals and printers, Wi-Fi and internet hard drops, electrical outlets and space for working and socializing. Quiet rooms are available for carrying out interviews and other focused work where a quiet workspace is necessary. Reservations, given in 30-minute increments, are required to use quiet rooms. Sign up on-site in the Press Room (R0-R07).
Approved press registrants should check-in and pick up their green press ribbons in the main Press Room upon arrival.
On-site members of the press will need to bring a laptop or other device and wired headphones with a microphone to view and participate in press events. On-site members can meet with on-site press event panelists after most press events in the R05 Quiet Room; specific instructions for this will be given in each press event.
- Press Room hours: 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday; 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Friday
- Press Conference Room: R08-09
- Quiet Rooms: R05, B211, B212, B213
On-site registration and badge pickup
On-site participants need to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to receiving their conference badge. Registered press should pick up a green Press ribbon at the Press Room, R06-07
Press check-in, badge pickup and full registration services is located near the main convention center doors off Julia Street (Julia Street Entrance) in the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Registration at this location will be open:
- Sunday, 12:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, 6:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Two satellite registration locations will be open Sunday and Monday, but will be limited to badge pickup for registered attendees who have been approved by SafeAccess (i.e., proof of vaccination has been verified and approved).
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel, on the first floor. Open: Sunday, 12:00 – 8:00 p.m. CST; Monday, 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CST
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, in Baggage Claim area. Open: Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. CST; Monday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST
Scientific program – Browse talks, posters, keynotes, union sessions, town halls and more.
Online meeting platform – Login to participate in AGU21 press events, access online-only scientific sessions, and view pre-recorded scientific presentations and online iposters.