Call for Abstracts
The #AbSciCon22 abstract submission deadline has passed.
Abstract notifications will be sent, and the scientific program will be released in mid March.
AbSciCon brings the astrobiology community together every two years to share research, collaborate, and plan for the future.
Themes for AbSciCon 2022 are:
- Alternate and agnostic biosignatures
- Characterizing habitable zone exoplanets
- Energy sources and metabolic pathways in the environment
- Evolution and diversification of life: OoL to LUCA to Eukaryogenesis
- Mission to Mars: Life detection and habitability
- Ocean worlds near and far
- Philosophy, history, education and community development
- Star-planet-planetary system interactions and habitability
- Subsurface habitability and life
- Transition from prebiotic chemistry to biology
- Understanding early Earth environments
Submissions are closed
The abstract submission deadline has passed. Questions? Please contact the Scientific Program Team.Email us
HELP WITH THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS
Technical support - For questions about the submission site or technical issues, complete the request form on the submission site, or call +1 401.334.9903 (support code 1438), Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., ET or send an email. Scientific Program - Email us if you have a question on AGU's scientific program policies or general procedures, contact AGU's Scientific Program Team.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Early November 2021: Session proposal acceptance notification letters are sent; the abstract submission site opens; and the invited author tool opens.
19 January 2022: Abstract and town hall submissions close at 11:59 P.M. EST.
February 2022: AbSciCon Scientific Organizing Committee allocates and schedules sessions. At least one convener for each session must be available to discuss mergers of sessions and schedule sessions in the online program.
Mid-March 2022: Authors are notified of the acceptance, format, and schedule of their abstracts, and the official scientific program is available.
Mid-May 2022 through AbSciCon: Authors are expected to confirm their participation. Conveners are expected to monitor the final program for withdrawals and presenter changes.