When you join AGU, you join a worldwide community of 130,000 enthusiasts to experts in Earth and space sciences.
As an AGU Member, you are:
- Supporting future generations of Earth and space scientists.
- Helping make Earth and space science community more diverse and inclusive.
- Expanding your professional network.
- Sharing your research and insights.
- Learning from others to stay up-to-date on the latest news and research.
- Engaging in Fall Meeting, Chapmans and other meetings and scientific events.
AGU members also receive:
- Free access to the full text of all AGU subscription journals, amounting to thousands of cutting-edge papers each year spanning the Earth and space sciences.
- A 35% discount on books at Wiley.com.
- Reduced rates for AGU meetings, including Fall Meeting, to present your research and expand your network.
- Nominate or be recognized by your peers for your work to advance Earth and space sciences through our Honors and Recognition program.
- Engage with your peers and student/early career professionals in sections to further expand your discipline’s reach.
- Free access to:
AGU membership categories
1Student membership: For those enrolled at least part-time in an Earth and space science degree-granting program. Dues: $20/year.
2Standard membership: For a post-graduate actively engaged in research, or in a career in Earth and space science. Dues: $50/year.
3Associate membership: For those with a personal interest in Earth and space science. Dues: $50/year.
4Lifetime membership: For those who make a one-time payment of regular membership dues. Dues: Lifetime members submit a payment ranging from $750 to $1500 based on age.
Subscriptions terms and conditions
Member subscriptions are for individual use only. In accepting journals at membership rates, subscribers agree to these terms. Use of a subscriber’s online login credentials by anyone other than the subscriber is not permitted. Activity that appears to violate these usage guidelines may result in suspension of service. AGU membership and subscriptions are on a calendar year basis (1 January–31 December). Applications received after 3 November will be effective as of 1 January of the following year.
Cancellation and refund for memberships and subscriptions
All sales of AGU memberships and subscriptions are final. However, if you purchased a membership or subscription in error on our website, you have one month from the date of purchase to request the cancellation of the transaction in order to receive a refund. Please contact the Member Services Center in writing at [email protected] to request the cancellation of your membership or subscription.
AGU membership grant programs
AGU has established and administers two membership grant programs, to request an application please contact the Member Service Center, eligibility details are as follows:
Additional membership savings
Discounts on author services – get a 20-percent discount from AGU’s partner American Journal Experts.
Join the NASA Federal Credit Union – With NASA FCU, you and your family will save more when you borrow and earn more when you save. Take advantage of their service, rates, line of financial solutions, and loan approvals.