Webinars and Videos
AGU Publications Resources for Authors, Reviewers and Editors
AGU is pleased to provide the following webinar recordings and videos as a resource for our community of authors, reviewers, and editors. The resources featured on this page vary in format (webinars, workshops, panel discussions, overviews), topic (publishing your journal article, peer review, open science, and books), and languages (English, Mandarin, and Spanish). This page is regularly updated as new content become available.
Peer-Review Essentials: How to Write Exceptional and Respectful Reviews
This August 2023 webinar discusses the basics of peer-review, including how to thoroughly and respectfully critique a scientific manuscript, best practices for reviewing, policies to consider, and opportunities for mentorship and continuous learning. The webinar features insights from Prof. Kaustubh Thirumalai, Associate Editor of Paleoceanography & Paleoclimatology and AGU’s publications staff. There is also a Q&A session where questions were answered live.
Publishing 101: Best Practices on Writing and Publishing Your First Paper (June 2022)
What Makes a Paper Reviewable – AGU Fall Meeting Panel with Editors (December 2021)
- Best Practices in Reviewing Scientific Articles (June 2022)
- A Discussion on Co-Reviewing (September 2021)
- How to Frame and Write a Good Scientific Paper
- How to Respond to and Write Reviews
- Advantages of AGU Journals: Promotion, Open Access, Data Policy, Plagiarism & Plagiarism Appearance
To access these presentations on YouTube use the links above. Click here to access these presentations in China via WeChat.
- Advice on publishing scientific articles (Consejos para publicar artículos científicos) (October 2020)
Open Science for Authors: Navigating Open Data, Open Access, and Funding Options (August 2022)
- 3:03: Webinar agenda
- 5:40: Open science: history, current landscape, and progress at AGU
- 13:30: Navigating open access as an author: publishing OA at AGU and funding options for APCs
- 30:10: Open data and software: why it’s important and what authors should know
- 42:10: Other open science initiatives at AGU (ESS Open Archive and CRediT)
- 47:33: Q&A with presenters
Data and Software Sharing Guidance for Early Career Researchers: AGU Journal Requirements (August 2022)