Recognizing Early Career Researchers
The Near-Surface Geophysics Early Career Achievement Award is given annually and recognizes significant contributions to the field of near-surface geophysics by an early career researcher.
The award is presented at the Near-Surface Geophysics Business Meeting/Luncheon at the AGU Fall Meeting.
- Award Certificate
- Recognition at AGU's annual meeting during the award presentation year
- Registration to attend AGU's annual meeting during the award presentation year
- Ticket to the Near-Surface Geophysics section luncheon or reception
About the Near-Surface Geophysics section
The Near-Surface Geophysics Section focuses on the development and application of any and all geophysical methods to study the near-surface region of the Earth, to advance the fundamental science of geophysical imaging (data acquisition, inversion, interpretation), and to address key questions about subsurface properties and processes.
- demonstrate engagement with the Near-Surface Geophysics section
- be an early-career scientist within 10 years of receiving their Ph.D, or a mid-career scientist between 10 and 20 years