Online Learning Exchange
Resources for Educators
As one of the most respected scientific societies, AGU believes one of our roles is to provide a trusted resource for educators to share their thoughts with their colleagues around the world so that we can continue to teach our students of all ages, skill sets and topics.
These recommendations are from our members and the educational community worldwide, but they are not necessarily endorsed by AGU. Inclusion on this page does not constitute AGU’s support.
Share your tips and tricks
Click here to share your ideas for creating a better online educational experience for K-20+ students in the field, lab or classroom.
Resources for Online Education
Resources from other organizations assembling lists of guidance
- • SERC's Teach the Earth Resource Portal (From the Science Education Resource Center and National Association for Geoscience Teachers [college level])
- • SERC's Teaching Geoscience Online COVID-19 Page (College Level)
- • AGI's Education Geosource Database (From the American Geosciences Institute [K-12])
- More resources
Tools for online learning
• Virtual Field Trips (From the AGU Blogosphere [all levels])
• NASA/GSFC Living in a Freshwater World (From NASA/GSFC [Grades 3+])
• Infiniscope Digital Learning Experiences (From ASU & NASA [K-12])
Advice for online teaching
- • Practical Advice from two Instructional Designers (Inside Higher Ed)
- • Collection of advice and resources for online teaching from institutions around the world (DePaul University)