Lifetime Achievement Award for Diversity and Inclusion
Information for Lifetime Achievement Award for Diversity and Inclusion
- Monetary prize: $10,000
- Complimentary Fall Meeting registration
- Two-night Fall Meeting housing waiver
- Two complimentary tickets to the Honors Banquet at the AGU Fall Meeting during the award presentation year
Nominations + Eligibility
Nominees must meet the eligibility requirements detailed above. Please review the eligibility requirements carefully prior to submitting a nomination. Ineligible nominations will be returned to nominators without review.
Nominations must be submitted through the online submission platform by 12 April 2023 at 11:59 PM, ET. Nominations submitted after the deadline or outside of the online submission platform will not be accepted. Please contact [email protected] if you are in need of other submission accommodations.
Nominee Curriculum Vitae
Letters of support (3), in addition to nomination letter
Nomination and Submission Requirements
- Nominations must be submitted through AGU's online nomination and review platform, Open Water. If other accommodations are needed, contact [email protected].
- Each required document (nomination letter, CV, selected bibliography, and (3) letters of support) should not exceed 2-pages in length. Pages in excess of the limit will be removed prior to being shared with the review committee.
- Please submit all required documents as unencrypted, watermark-free PDF's.
- Please use an appropriate font size/type (e.g., Times New Roman, size 12). If the selected font is difficult to read, you will be asked to revise the document.
- Only complete packages will be forwarded to the Selection Committee for review. Late/incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Nomination for this award are reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Nominees significant body work (to include mentorship impacts, reducing structural barriers, advancing DEI scholarship, new pedagogy, advancing D&I policies, advancing DEI practices, DEI advocacy, DEI outreach; DEI International impacts, innovation and new approaches; and/or leadership and volunteer service to address and advance DEI issues.
- Contributions across the Union or Across STEM
- Work that aligns with the Vision/Mission of the organization