K-12 SCIENCE EDUCATION RESOURCES
Reaching a K-12 audience
- Join the STEM Education Coalition. This group focuses on providing broad-based support to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs.
- Get involved in local PTA meetings or school board meetings. One of the best ways to make a difference is to start locally. School boards make many decisions about local education; make sure your voice is heard and consider running as a member.
- Work on state science standards, consider partnering with a local university’s education department or reaching out thoughtfully to local schools.
- Get in touch with organizations dedicated to promoting K-12 Earth and space science such as the National Earth Science Teachers Association, the Visiting Geoscientists guide, AGU’s Sharing Science Network or AAAS’ STEM Volunteers program.
- Participate in Earth Science Week, which is held in mid-October. It is an annual grassroots effort to advance Earth science education sponsored by AGI.
Our programs and resources
Bright STaRS – Learn about our K-12 travel grant opportunity that brings students to AGU’s Fall Meeting to present their scientific posters.