Supporting Student Researchers
This grant was established through the generosity of Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc. (GSSI) to support the Near-Surface Geophysics Section’s student-scientists conducting field geophysical research using ground-penetrating radar and electromagnetic methods.
- A $2,000 grant
- Loaner equipment, made available by GSSI
Criteria for a Successful Application
The quality of the proposal/proposed budget.
The quality of the CV and recommendation letter.
- be a current AGU student member
- be affiliated with the Near-Surface Geophysics section
- be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited academic institution with at least four semesters completed toward a degree; or be enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited academic institution
- conduct field geophysical research using ground-penetrating radar or electromagnetic methods