Honors and Recognition Committee
Key Duties of the H&R Committee
- Recommend, implement, and evaluate strategies used to increase diversity of nominees and nominations.
- Promote and develop new awards to enhance and support interdisciplinary collaboration and recognition.
- Examine and report on program data to determine whether the number and quality of AGU honors nominees is competitive.
- Provide strategies, resources, and support to Sections Honors Nominating Committees to strengthen and promote their role in AGU Honors.
- Partner with staff to provide training to all honors selection committees on policies, processes and program elements.
- Partner with leaders, staff and other societies to resolve common issues among scientific communities’ rewards and recognition programs.
- Develop opportunities and mechanisms to leverage member accomplishments and honors.
- Report on progress to Council twice per year, or more frequently as required.