History of Geophysics Task Force – This task force increases our members’ awareness of the importance of history as a component of current research and the rich legacy of Earth and space science. It reports to the Board and Council.
Honors and Recognition Committee
- This committee provides oversight of AGU honors programs and its chair serves as a Council member. It reports to the Council.
Indigenous Action Subcommittee
– This subcommittee of the Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee will work with AGU members and AGU staff to support and broaden Indigenous inclusion and leadership within AGU.
Leadership Development/Governance Committee
– Chaired by the past president, this committee recommends strategies for identifying and developing leadership within AGU. It reports to the Board.
– This committee oversees the meetings program and recommends strategies for improvement. The chair serves as a Council member. It reports to the Board and Council.
Position Statement Committee
– This committee administers AGU's portfolio of position statements that represent our science policy positions on various topics of international and national relevance. It reports to the Board and Council.
– This committee recommends strategies and policies to strengthen AGU’s publications program. The chair serves as a Council member. It reports to the Board and Council.
Section Honors Committees
– Every honor within AGU’s honors program, including Union awards, medals, and prizes, Fellows, and section honors, has a selection committee—some section honors share committees.
Thriving Earth Exchange Advisory Board
– The advisory board provides guidance and oversight to Thriving Earth Exchange. It reports to the Board and Council.