Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Fall Meeting 2022 being held?
The Fall Meeting will be held at the McCormick Place Convention Center Chicago and available in our online platform.
2301 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
What are the dates for Fall Meeting 2022?
Fall Meeting 2022 will be held from 12-16 December.
When does the online registration tool open to register for the early bird fees?
When does the housing tool open to reserve hotel accommodations in Chicago?
What is the expected meeting attendance?
When are session proposals scheduled to open for submission?
Do I have to be an AGU member to attend?
How do I become an AGU member?
Will AGU accept ancillary meeting room requests?
How do I request a certificate of participation for Fall Meeting 2021?
How do I request a registration receipt for Fall Meeting 2021?
Do I need to register for Fall Meeting?
- Session chairs, invited authors and all speakers must pay a registration fee if they are attending and/or presenting at AGU22.
- Conveners listed on a proposal do not need to register for AGU22 if they will not attend the meeting.
Do I need to be a member of AGU to chair, convene or present at a session?
- The primary convener for each session must be a current 2022 AGU Member or a current member of an affiliated society/organization.
- If you are not a current AGU member but are a member of a co-sponsoring organization, email the Scientific Program Team for help with submitting your session proposal.
- Co-conveners are not required to be AGU members. However, to fully participate in the planning and scheduling in August current 2022 membership is required.
Is there a fee to submit a proposal?
There is no proposal fee for scientific sessions or workshops. For AGU22, upon acceptance of a town hall, the primary convener will be charged an A/V and management fee of $500 to support equipment and labor costs associated with hosting the town hall.
NOTE: All authors who submit an abstract to a session, however, are subject to the AGU membership fee, abstract submission fee and meeting registration fee.
Will AGU22 include eLightning sessions?
No, eLightning sessions will not be featured this year.